Be the first to review this product.
ROMulus for Amiga
ROMulus is a dual ROM board for Amiga 500 and 2000 which is flashable from the Amiga itself.
It fits under the CPU / accelerator for the Amiga to provide two extra ROM slots for Kickstart or DiagROM. A utility can be downloaded as either an ADF or LHA so that you can flash the board from the Amiga. A jumper is used which sets whether the motherboard or ROM slot 1 is used by default at boot. From there a Ctrl-A-A reboot held for 3 seconds will rotate between the two flash ROMs and the motherboard's ROM.
- Amiga 500 / 2000
- Kickstart 1.2 onwards as the motherboard ROM for the flash utility
- 64KB of autoconfig space available (most Amigas have this unless you have a lot of boards)
- A way to either boot the ADF floppy image or run the utility in the LHA from the hard disk
- If used in Amiga 500, a CPU relocator such as this one
- The ROMulus board must be directly connected to the CPU / accelerator
Download links will be provided upon shipping.
Note: ROMulus has been tested against several accelerators but there may be unforeseen compatibility issues. If you have any concerns about compatibility please contact us prior to purchase. It has been tested and is working against:
- 68000 & 68010 CPUs
- A generic 14MHz accelerator with a 68000 and 68010
- Terrible Fire TF534
- Terrible Fire TF536
- Matthias Heinrichs 68030-TK2
- Matthias Heinrichs 68EC020-TK (jumper RAM1 must be on for the flash tool to work)
- PiStorm (Musashi & Emu68)
- MicroBotics VXL*30
The following accelerators are known not to work with ROMulus:
- HC533 - Blocks writing to the flash ROMs
- All Wicher accelerator boards - Autoconfig fails
ROMulus is not currently compatible with CDTV, Amiga 1000 or MiniMig v1.8.
Image #2 is ROMulus sitting on our CPU relocator with a TF536 on top inside an Amiga 500+.